ODF Sweden endeavors to turn ocean data into innovation opportunities for the digital blue economy. We have brought people from various domains to create data-driven innovations. For example, to better understand the Swedish ocean ecosystem diversity, to investigate the impacts of climate change on ocean ecosystem diversity, we built models to predict the spread of invasive species, and combined AI and citizen science to analyze a large amount of deep-sea videos across decades to identify the ocean species. We are also predicting algae bloom to help oyster farms and the tourism industry. You can read more about ODF Sweden’s projects here.
In the ODF Sweden’s Webinar Series, we have invited the following speakers, as listed below. We meet on Zoom and try to wrap up within one hour. Please connect through button below:
Meeting ID: 592 916 7010.
- March 16th, 2021, 12 pm
- Magnus Engelbrektsson, Executive Secretary of the North Sea Commission.
- Cooperation between maritime regions: CPMR and the North Sea Commission
- Jessica Hjerpe Olausson, Maritime expert at Region Västra Götaland
- The strategic development plan for VGR 2021-2030, implications for the Blue Economy
- A blog post on this webinar
Data-driven innovation is an attractive approach and a challenging approach. As one of the pioneers in combining AI and ocean data for ocean relevant innovations, ODF Sweden has been learning and gaining experiences and knowledge. We would like to share our learning, and also invite experts who are working on data-driven innovation in various contexts to share their expertise.
Look forward to the webinar series!